Position: Master Tailor (NOC 6342)
Employer: Antonacci Clothes Limited
Location: 99 Norfinch Drive, North York Ontario M3N 1W8
Location of employment: 99 Norfinch Drive, North York Ontario M3N 1W8,
Contact: Tel: (416) 663-4093; Fax (416) 663-3769
Wage: $ 25.64 per hour for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent – full time
Language of work: English
Benefits: Dental and drug plan
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
– Design patterns to fit measurements;
– Develops design for garment, adapts existing design for garment, or copies existing design for garment;
– Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric;
– Draws individual pattern or alters existing pattern to fit customer’s measurements.
– Confers with customer to determine type of material and garment style desired.
– Positions pattern of garment parts on fabric, and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors;
– Measures customer for size, using tape measure and records measurements.
– Measure parts such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
– Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments to later determine what changes need to be made;
– Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
– Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
– Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
– Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
– Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines to make finished product;
– Presses garment, using hand iron or pressing machine;
– Mark, cut and sew fabric;
– Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed;
– Make garment style changes, such as hemming & tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels, and adding or removing padding;
– Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
– Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
– Estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
– 5-10 years of experience as a Tailor creating high -end custom-fitted, handmade suits and garments
– High School Diploma
– Tailoring diploma preferred but not necessary
– Industrial experience;
– Oral English.
– Creativity and attention to detail;
– Strong working knowledge of garment construction in men apparel and ability to perform high quality workmanship including hand and by machine;
– Problem solving skills – identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; developing alternative solutions;
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sections of the community especially underrepresented groups such as First Nations, women and recently arrived immigrants.
Please send resume to Emanuele Macaluso at email@example.com
Please indicate “Master Tailor (NOC 6342)” in the subject line of your email or the cover letter of your resume